Nakamoto & Ferrer, Attorneys At Law
Hawaii Divorce And Family Law Attorneys

Post-Divorce & Post-Paternity Modifications

Even after a divorce decree has been finalized, disputes can unfortunately arise. Typical post-divorce and post-paternity disputes involve:

  • Change of child custody
  • Change of time-sharing (change in visitation)
  • Change of child support
  • Children relocating out of Hawaii
  • Change of spousal support (alimony)

Whatever your situation may be, it is important to have legal representation in any post-decree proceeding to ensure that your rights are continually protected.

To discuss your case with an attorney with a wealth of experience handling these issues, contact Nakamoto & Ferrer, Attorneys At Law in Honolulu: 808-464-6815.

What Is Required To Obtain A Post-Decree Or Post-Paternity Modification?

Generally, to obtain post-decree or post-paternity relief from the current child custody or time-sharing order or decree, you must prove that the requested modification is in the best interest of your child or children. To change child support or alimony obligations, you must demonstrate that there has been a material change in circumstances.

For example, a child support modification may be in order if the current child support order is at least three years old. Child support can also change if the paying parent's income has substantially increased or decreased and a new calculation would result in at least a 10-percent change of the current child support amount. In addition, your child's college plans could also change child support.

Get Experienced Legal Representation

It is important that you are represented by an experienced attorney who not only understands the relevant laws, but also cares about you and your case.

At Nakamoto & Ferrer, Attorneys At Law, we devote our entire legal practice to assisting families in their disputes. In fact, founding attorney Mei Nakamoto has more than 30 years of experience as a trial litigator, and this depth of courtroom experience serves to benefit our clients seeking to modify court orders.

Contact Us

For a consultation to discuss a possible post-divorce or post-paternity modification, email us or call our Honolulu law office at 808-464-6815. We advise and represent clients on the island of O'ahu and throughout Hawaii.

Schedule A Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy